Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On Blogging

This semester, I was given an opportunity to do something that I have never been able to fully do until now. I was given the ability, and full artistic license, to react. That ability was completely freeing and, at least to me, very useful. Having the chance to release my thoughts to the throes of the internet was liberating. I was able to release my opinion to be fully supported or completely decimated by my peers. Getting support was helpful. Getting rebuttals was better. One of the best reasons for a blog was to experience a difference of opinion. It was a collection of open minds free to bounce or bond as they saw fit. The only problem, and I do mean the only problem, was writer's block. Sometimes after a Monday class, I simply did not have anything meaningful to write about. Maybe these blog entries should have been graded by content quality and not content quantity. I really appreciated this alternative method of assessment and hope to have more opportunities to work with tools like Blogger in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment